沒有玫瑰的花店


Sunday, September 6, 2009

Le Volte 2007...

Le Volte 2007 by ORNELLAIA, one of the "Super Tuscan" name that many people will have heard of, and this is their budget selection. Recently I come to realise that Italian wine is on average more expensive than a lot of french wine in terms of the value aspects. Though as a drinker of knowing little about the complexity in wine tasting, I usually comment on a bottle of wine purely based on my own preference...so it is no where close to the professional rating system haha...

Anyway back to this what some people call "Little Super Tuscan" - Le Volte 2007...it has become one of my favourite...due to my habit of drinking wine without any pairing with food, this wine is very well balanced even for drinking alone. The initial taste is full of plumes and berries and continues to develop into tastes of almond which is extremely tasteful...As I continue, my feeling is that I can continue to drink more, a very inviting wine and I never get a feeling of heaviness all through the bottle. If I am to visualise this wine, I would say that I felt like I was walking down a small garden path in Tuscany terroir under the autumn breeze...hmm...in a lazy late afternoon, as the sun is setting in the distance...

Hmm...interesting huh? I only have one bottle left but no worries, Citysuper is promoting this newly released italian wine for the whole of September!

Cheers for now...

No comments: