沒有玫瑰的花店


Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Lamole di Lamole Chianti Classico Riserva 2005

Recently I feel that I am building up my interests on italian stuff, mainly food and wine haha, and probably ferrari as well which I cannot afford...anyhow, tonight...I decided that I will have italian cuisine and this time its Al Dente, which the food in itself is excellent, so I recommend you to go for a bite if you have not already been.

Back to the wine of the night, Lamole di Lamole Chianti Classico Riserva 2005, my first chianti and definitely not the last. I remember when I first have any kind of impression on italian wine, its the word chianti that catches my eyes. As this is only my first experience, I can only give my own impression on this wine and this wine alone, not comparing with any other chianti out there in the market...

My initial impression is excellent, haha, mind you, I am only talking about the simplicity of the label and the bottle with the DOCG sticker around the neck, classy! When the bottle is open, I couldn't detect any aroma, which is probably due to the strong tasty smell of the italian food in the air...as the wine is pour into the glass, the colour is of ruby red, definitely on the lighter side and the flow is quite thin...and on the nose, there is a strong sense of young fruits, a very refreshing kind of feeling, cherries, plumes, apricots are all present...on the palate, extremely smooth, light body and simple. Same as the Le Volte, this wine is extremely inviting all through the bottle, very well balanced. The initial sip also gave a positive sourness of fruits which really start off the night and my appetite, bon appetit!

As the night continue, I began to sense a light coffee flavour in the wine but the lightness really last through the entire bottle. Time for visualisation - Initially I felt this wine is extremely youthful, but with the balance structure of the wine, I found myself sitting in a study room in the middle of the night, not long before the sunrise, the quietness and the gentleness of this wine kept me company and give me comfort, though the feeling is so natural that one can hardly detect it but its always there, not making an impression but the naturalness just keep me at ease when I really need it...

So that's all for this wine...

Cheers for now!

No comments: